Bug bounties, also known as responsible disclosure programs, are setup by companies to encourage people to report potential issues discovered on their sites. Some companies chose to reward a researcher with money, swag, or an entry in their hall-of-fame. If you’re interested in web application security then they’re a great way of honing your skills, with the potential of earning some money and/or credibility at the same time.
1. At October 1995 by Netscape.
2. At August 2002 by iDefense [VCP].
3. At August 2004 by Mozilla.
4. 2007 CanSecWest……ZDI…$10k.
5. March 24, 2010…pwn2own.big money.
6. Days before 2008 was Tough for Security Researchers.
7. 2009, the year of revolution.
1. Values of your Resume.
2. Increase Possibility of getting a job in the industry.
3. Opportunity to make money on spare time. 3. Increase Possibility of getting a job in the industry.
4. Glory and Fame.
6. The proven one.